Location: Location Negotiable
Travel: 100% (Monday – Friday)
Systems Integration and Technology (SI&T) offers a full range of global delivery services-from enterprise solutions, system integration, technical architectures, business intelligence, infrastructure consulting, and technology research/development.
Our SI&T consultants can expect to:
Accenture Technology Consulting (ATC) falls within the SI&T organization and provides services aimed at improving the strategic intent, transforming economics and effectiveness, and the overall design, of a company’s information technology capabilities and/or functions. Information technology capabilities include IT planning and management, IT processes and approaches, and IT assets that provide the operational components necessary to run applications.
Accenture’s Security practice helps organizations work through complex business and technology issues to provide a straightforward approach to information and network security. Our security professionals bring deep technology skills and industry knowledge to any organization and work closely with clients to design and implement a security solution closely tied to business objectives.
Utilities Industry/Smart Grid Security Senior Manager:
Our consultants identify and evaluate business needs for security gaps and will help to create security project plans. They also anticipate security requirements and identify sound security controls for applications, systems, processes and organizations. Our consultants can easily work with non-security teams to integrate security controls on projects.
We are currently searching for consultants for our Security Technology practice with past security consulting experience in the Utilities Industry and experience defining and developing security capabilities for Smart Grid implementations. These consultants will be experts in the field and well-versed with the Utility Industry’s compliance frameworks.
Key Responsibilities may include:
• Working within Utility Industry compliance frameworks, specifically FERC, NERC CIP and recently released NIST Smart Grid security requirements
• Defining Security & Control capabilities of Accenture Smart Grid offerings
• Working with Oracle, EMC, RSA, Cisco, Symantec and Silver Springs Networks as part of a Smart Grid Solution
• Developing and presenting at industry conferences as an expert in the Utilities Security and Smart Grid field
• Play substantive or lead role in establishing Accenture’s presence within the Utilities/Smart Grid field
• Business development responsibilities
• Demonstrate ability to create and direct proposal efforts
• Ability to travel 100%
• Minimum 3 years security consulting experience within the Utilities Industry
• Minimum 2 years experience with Smart Grid-related security technology
• Minimum 3 years experience managing a technical team
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree
Professional Skill Requirements:
• Eagerness to contribute in a team-oriented environment
• Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
• Desire to work in an information systems environment
• Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
• Strongly recommend industry-adopted security certification (e.g. CISSP, CISM)
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Posts Tagged ‘master data architect’
Retail Systems Consulting professionals are responsible for delivering large-scale, complex programs that integrate business processes with industry leading technologies to help our clients achieve high performance. Retail Systems Consultant have skills in implementing best of breed retail solutions such as Oracle Retail and JDA, including business process design, package configuration, packaging integration, and full software development lifecycle experience. Specifically, for this position, the job includes designing, developing and implementing a breadth of Oracle Retail and JDA package software applications including integration and configuration.
• Supervising application design and architecture components
• Supervising process and functional design activities
• Creating functional requirements as an input to application design
• Developing and testing functional designs for business solution components
• Supervising application build, test, and deploy activities
• Planning and executing data conversion activities
• Driving test planning and execution
- 4+ years of experiene in relevant Oracle Retail. Examples for Oracle Retail applications include but are not limited to Merchandise Order Management, Retek Predictive Application Server, and Oracle Point-of-Sale.
- Process design, configuration, functional design, and testing experience
- Bachelor degree required
• Experience with a large professional service organization preferred• Experience working in a multi-site development environment
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
- Strong team players able to work effectively with business and IT professionals
Location is negotiable in the USA, except where noted.
Please contact me directly if you have any questions – firstname.lastname@example.org.
A key Accenture System Integration need:
Accenture’s Financial Services Operating group affords an amazing opportunity. Work is focused on developing applications to support the world’s largest banking and trading entities. Experience in J2EE OR .NET platforms is sought. Please contact me: email@example.com.
- Assisting with business development/closing the sale
- Writing proposals and project cost estimates
- Gathering functional requirements and developing technical specifications & project/test planning
- Potentially leading development teams and supervising other technical resources
- Designing/developing software applications, project prototypes, proofs of concept & client demos
- Reviewing designs & code output from development team and results produced by QA personnel
- Interfacing with other technical and functional groups within Accenture
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
- 1 year of experience with object-oriented design and development utilizing Java/J2EE and/or .NET and/or C++ technologies
- 1 year of work experience as Software Developer, Software Engineer, or other similar position with technical focus, application development or architecture experience
- 1 year of experience designing and developing capital markets/financial applications including trading systems, risk analysis applications or equity/fixed income applications, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Engineering (any type), Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Mathematics or related discipline with technology focus desired
- Experience with database technologies including Oracle, Sybase and/or SQL Server
- Experience with messaging – tools, middleware, protocols, etc.
- Exposure to a variety of distributed computing technologies
- Basic project management experience
- Strong writing, problem solving, communication and client-facing skills
“At Accenture, a day in the office means a chance to do something remarkable.”
It’s fun to be a part of that dynamic every day.
Apply directly for our Smart Grid role here: http://bit.ly/sg2158
Systems Integration Consulting professionals are responsible for delivering large-scale, complex programs that marry processes with technology to help our clients achieve high performance.
Industry Applications professionals design, implement and deploy packaged software solutions that have been developed to accommodate unique industry business and management processes, regulatory requirements and other business needs.
Resources Industry Applications professionals analyze, design, build, test and deploy innovative Resources industry-specific solutions — including solutions for the Chemicals, Natural Resources, Energy and Utilities industries — that enable industry standards and processes.
- Supervising application design and architecture components
- Supervising process and functional design activities
- Creating functional requirements as an input to application design
- Developing and testing detailed functional designs for business solution components and prototypes
- Supervising application build, test, and deploy activities
- Planning and executing data conversion activities
- Driving test planning and execution
- Extensive travel to clients’ locations required
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum of 7 years experience leading Smart Metering or Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) applications in the Utility (electric, gas or water) industry
- Previous experience with a large professional services organization
Significant Metering Implementation experience, including areas such as Meter Installation processes, Meter Data Management software implementations, Systems Integration implementations, and overall Program Management
Experience implementing one or more Meter Data Management software products (i.e. Itron, Nexus, eMeter)
Experience with Requirements Definition, Impact Analysis and Business Process Design to support the implementation of Smart Metering Smart Metering Business Case analysis and development
Experience with EAI and Smart Metering functional integration with other Utility Applications (i.e., Work Management, Graphical Work Design, Customer Information System, Outage Management, Revenue Protection, EMS, Distribution Planning, etc)
Experience analyzing issues and risks associated with Smart Metering transition programs including meter and technology procurement, meter retrofits, meter installation, change management, and systems integration and cutover
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- work with cutting edge technology
- deliver high-quality solutions across multiple industries
- work on a variety of projects ranging in both size and scope
- receive continuous training
- gain rapid career progression
- Minimum 2 years experience with System Integration projects at an electric utility.
- Minimum 2 years experience with an Enterprise Service Bus (Oracle SOA Suite, Websphere Message Broker preferred, SAP PI, etc.).
- Minimum 2 years experience with Java (J2SE, J2EE).
- Minimum 2 years experience with Queue management and message processing for both near-real time, and high latency transactions with Enterprise Service Bus and/or web services.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Trained on Enterprise GIS.
- Distribution Management System (DMS) experience.
- Experience in integration with SCADA, Outage Management Systems (OMS), and Energy Management System (EMS).
- Transmission & Distribution (T&D) experience with knowledge of technical vendor products.
- Meter Data Management experience.